I was among a few others colleagues in HR team who were completely new to the Xebia environment. It was in fact surprising to see how the HR works here at Xebia. Coming from a background of companies where people talk the email language and truly follow “the ball is in your court style of working”, frankly it was difficult to digest in the initial few weeks. But the outlook changed when we were introduced to Agile. Believe me it was a real eye opener for us since we were able to understand the shift from pure processes/slow decisions to instant decisions. That’s from where we started correlating our actions.
Yes now we can see Xebia HR is Agile in many ways:
- We have stand up for 10-15 mins everyday, which is followed religiously. We all know what each of us is doing on a particular day.
- We draw up a daily action items/ tasks list which is voluntarily taken up by the team members.
- We are all working in pairs, and everyone is almost a backup for each other.
- We work in a flexible schedule; at least two of the HR team members are available from 8.30 a.m till at least 7.00 p.m.
- We all sit in an open workspace with no cubicles, it make us more accessible. Helps in quickly resolving issues/concerns.
- Our selection criteria is truly agile, we look for people who have a very strong desire to learn new technologies.
- The selection process typically does not take more than a week to close.
- We share feedback with the prospects irrespective of the hiring decision and close on a note that we are open to meet them again in due course of time plus we give them a Book on Agile development so they don’t feel so bad about not getting through our selection process.
Yes, HR in Xebia is agile and is focussed on its People.
Filed under: Uncategorized